Monday, September 12, 2011

Fall Fitness Plan

The promise I made to myself was that after Labor Day Week, the following Monday I was going to start on a new fitness/wellness plan.  So as of midnight on Sunday, all junk food, alcohol, sodas, etc. were cut out of my diet.  Summer is a hard time to eat healthy, especially with all the cold fruity drinks, sweet wines and not to mention all the food at bbq's.   Unless you have the metabolism of a 7 year old, you have to exercise extra hard in order to enjoy all the above and still maintain a body image that you would be happy with.  With this summer having more heat waves than I can remember, it was so hard to even exercise as hard as I wanted to, cutting down my routine to 2 days a week which included 1 day of kickboxing and 1 day of ZUMBA.

So today, September 12, 2011, begins my new journey.  I have a goal, and that goal is to fit into my fall/winter wardrobe.  We are in a recession,  so who has money to buy an entirely new wardrobe?

My meal plan for today was as follows: 16 oz of Green Chai tea and a Special K Strawberry Shake for breakfast; small portion of ritz crackers and lite swiss cheese for lunch; a banana for snack; and for dinner, grilled chicken with a side salad.  I also tried to increase my water intake.  Drinking water and the green tea is a good way to help with my detox process.

I was going to attempt to go walking/jogging today with the hubby, but I got sidetracked with grocery shopping, checking homework, etc. and it got too late and I wanted to eat dinner before 7:00 pm.  But tomorrow, I will be teaching my cardio kickboxing class and plan on kicking MAJOR BUTT... lol.

If all goes as planned, I'm hoping to be down about 10lbs and toned within the next 3-4 weeks.  That's about 2 to 2.5 lbs a week which is considered to be healthy weight loss. So wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment