Friday, September 16, 2011

TGIF...Day 5 ... Faced a Challenge

TGIF everyone.  This was a loooong week Ughhh!  Usually I end of my week by having a glass or two or three (haha) of Moscato, but not tonight, bottled water will have to do. :(

This morning I was faced with a challenge.  My co-worker who knows I absolutely love the dunkin donuts with the chocolate and cream in the middle surprised me with one.  She didn't know I was dieting, so when she approached me with the donut you would have thought she was a vampire and I was a priest holding up a cross to keep the vampire away.  Good thing I have strong willpower, because I said "Jackie, you now those are my favorite, but I'm on a diet, so what Ill do i wrap it up and give to one of my skinny minnie kids" .  WE both laughed and I went to the kitchen, wrapped up the donut and then proceeded to make my cup of green chai tea to eat with my yogurt and a plum.

Lunch was simple today as well.  There was a Partners meeting the night before and there was leftover salad.  The was a mixed greens salad with cranberries, I think sprinkled with blue cheese and slices of cinnamon baked apples.  It was delicious.  I topped it with what I think was a raspberry vinaigrette.

All I had for dinner was pasta with ricotta and spinach by WW Smart Ones. Its a nice portion size and only 280 calories.  Its so good.!  That's one of my favorites :)

So I survived the workweek despite all the major junk (jar full of snickers, kit kats, almond joys as well as oreo cookies) that's always in the kitchen at the office.  Managed to stay away from eating takeout this week which is big in my household with our busy schedules.  And the biggest challenge of all was NO NIGHTCAPS!!! 

I have to admit, I will indulge in 1 glass of plum wine on Sunday when I meet a friend for a sushi lunch.  But after that... Ill start the week off again without alcohol.

What challenges have you faced while dieting? Do you have people trying to sabotage your weight loss plans whether it be on purpose or innocently?

No comments:

Post a Comment